Whether they are already a top chef or just starting out, here are the gifts that will make them excited about cooking.
1. Every chef needs an apron. The ones from Odette Williams are top quality, ready for playing bakery or for cooking in a real kitchen. There are multiple patterns + colors to choose from + come with a toolset sized just for them.
2. Cookbooks are not only a great way to find new meal ideas, they are also great for learning how to use measurements + about new kinds of food. The Forest Feast for Kids is not only a beautiful book, it is full of amazing vegetable based dishes that kids can make. If you kid has a flair for Italian cooking, The Silver Spoon for Children is the cookbook for them. It is full of classic dishes, made kid friendly. If you are looking to add books with facts or stories about food to their collection, Julia, Child + Can I Eat That? are great choices.
3 + 4. Maileg has everything you need to set up a kitchen, a diner, or even a 5-star restaurant for their mice, bunnies, or dolls. There is everything from fine china, wooden table + chairs, a stove, a fridge, + of course, the food.
5. The one time you are allowed to play with your food is when your food is a hamburger + fries musical instrument set. Be warned, after making all that noise, your kids may be hungry!
6. Your kids will need something to pack the lunches they create in. Takenaka has perfected bento boxes, probably because they have been making them for over 90 years! These ones have a great minimalist design with pops of color. There are 3 different sections inside with plenty of room for snacks. Not only are these a great gift for kids, but for adults too.
7. How will your kids cook all these meals they are learning about without their own kitchen? This one from Flatout Frankie has an oven on one side, a fridge on the other side, + a stove on top. It is made out of sturdy, recycled cardboard able to withstand the weight of pots on top. It folds flat to pack away or take with you.
You can find the entire gift guide here or pick up a copy in-store!