A list of family friendly ideas.
Need a few ideas of what to do with your kids over school vacation? We have compiled a list to help you out!
- Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth, especially the new Children's Garden
- Gilsland Farm Audubon Center in Falmouth - They have ongoing events almost every day that includes Signs of Spring + Bird Walks.
- Maine Audubon has locations all across the state with great things to do outside
- Wolfe's Neck Farm in Freeport - Become a farmer for a day, learn how to milk a cow, explore the working farm, or maybe grab an ice cream
- Want to see the most beautiful plants living among chickens + even a peacock? Head to Snug Harbor Farm in Kennebunk! Perfect for kids + parents alike.
- Mackworth Island in Falmouth has everything from beaches to the woods, fairy houses to fields. You could spend an hour or an entire day here. Pack a picnic + you are good to go.
- East End Playground in Portland - the playground with the best view.
- Deering Oaks Park - complete with a playground + water pad.
- Greenlight Studio is a playspace where kids can let their imagination run wild + play all day.
- Children's Museum + Theater is always a good time. Explore a fire truck, a lobster boat, a market, even a car repair shop. Visit their theater for shows like the Little Mermaid!
- Swimming at the Y + other indoor public pools is a great way to get out some extra energy. It is such a treat when it is a little too cold to swim outside.
- The Yard at the Mill in Biddeford is an indoor playground for year-round play for kids under 10.
- The Portland Science Center located right on the water is a great way to learn about our world. The exhibits have ranged from the human body to dinosaurs!
These are just a few of the places we love to spend time with kids around Maine. Let us know what your family loves to do too!